Who We Work With
The Community Volunteer Teacher Programme targets primary school aged students and out of work young people and their communities.
Community Volunteer Teachers (CVTs):
- Young people acquire skills and experience allowing them to go onto to full teacher training, other further education, or find other meaningful employment.
- Women, who would have struggled to find employment, have better life chances.
- CVTs who successfully complete the one year programme will be awarded the Community Volunteer Teacher Certificate.
- Students achieve better educational outcomes, indicated by higher rates of numeracy and literacy.
- Girls are more likely to stay in school.
- Students have better chances of finding employment when they leave school.
Community and stakeholder outcomes
- Communities place a higher value on education and community lead school boards hold educators to account.
- Strong parent-teacher associations will be established in our partner schools, strengthen parental involvement in their children's education.
- In Community Volunteer Teachers and better educated students, communities gain potential wealth generators.
- All key stakeholders in the CVTP share responsibility for the programme's success.